Doral Woods Forum
This is a forum for homeowners at Doral Woods. This is NOT run by the HOA. This is by homeowners for homeowners. A place that we can address concerns about our community and our HOA. We may also be able to help each other with vacation rentals etc (for those that rent out the house). A place to gather information for the benefit of us homeowners.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Doral Woods Forum
This is a forum for homeowners at Doral Woods. This is NOT run by the HOA. This is by homeowners for homeowners. A place that we can address concerns about our community and our HOA. We may also be able to help each other with vacation rentals etc (for those that rent out the house). A place to gather information for the benefit of us homeowners.
Doral Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I welcome the homeowners forum.

3 posters

Go down

I welcome the homeowners forum. Empty I welcome the homeowners forum.

Post by artmuriph@gmail.com Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:34 am

Our family has been living here for 6 years and our experience has been mostly positive. Smile
Hopefully many homeowners will join in to express their likes and dislikes, ask questions, and offer suggestions to improve our community.

Question?
1. Does anyone know why the bathrooms at the pool are always locked? Not very convenient when I have to drive home to use the restroom! Rolling Eyes

If there are issues with some homeowners we need to find a way to exclude them without punishing those of us that always clean up and close the doors when finished.

2. I would say its been a long time since the roads were sealed here any ideas on how we could get this done before the road surface deteriorates further? Shocked

3. The HOA is getting quotes for re-doing the tennis court again, but if the fence is not repaired at the bottom to keep the balls in the court its a waste of money as its un-playable! ....If the money is spent the court needs to be keep dry from the sprinklers and cleaned regularly, letting the dirt and leaves accumulate ruins the surface and makes the court un-playable. My wife has to go down to Crescent Lakes to use their court because ours is sooooo dirty...five minuets with new balls and the balls are black! Fixing it is good BUT keeping it clean and maintained and the net at the proper height is much more important.

Please post replies and comments

artmuriph@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

I welcome the homeowners forum. Empty Re: I welcome the homeowners forum.

Post by ladyjcro Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Hiya, I have never used the pool or tennis court, great point about the roads. I don't ever see where the money is spent by the HOA as I'm in the UK, when I come over I don't see any changes at all. XX
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjcro Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:09 pm

I had a good conversation with another home owner two days ago, apparently the pool is used by a local school for free. I love giving to the community, but surely the HOA could place a small charge even 50 cents per child, it would pay towards the upkeep of the pool. 12yrs we have had our house and never once have we used the pool or tennis court. Our fees are for the home owners, so we should make a small charge to the school. Xx
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by artmuriph@gmail.com Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:29 pm

I use the pool a lot in the summer. Whoever cuts the grass keeps blowing grass and bark mulch into the pool. Let's make them clean it or get another landscape company.

artmuriph@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjcro Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:10 pm

I really hope we get more home owners joining here. It's a great way to connect and share. Xx
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by elevenofthirteen Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:51 pm

I am glad we have this forum. My husband and I have lived here three years. We have never used the pool or tennis courts.

elevenofthirteen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjcro Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 pm

It's a shame the pool isn't used more seen as it cost over $50k a year. Such a waste of money xx
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by artmuriph@gmail.com Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:59 am

I think the pool company only gets 400 per month. And maybe a few hundred a month for electricty. 50k??

artmuriph@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjcro Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Okay I was told 50k, I could have misheard, still another of money to pay out though considering it's not really used don't you think? Xx
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjcro Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:39 pm

*alot * not another
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by elevenofthirteen Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:20 pm

When is the next homeowners meeting? I saw they are going to raise our HOA dues! We all need to attend. Also if anyone is interested in getting together for coffee or just to meet each other, post on here. Thanks, Rose

elevenofthirteen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjcro Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Not sure when the next meeting is, defo want to go. Currently in London but would love to set up a coffee morning somewhere xx
ladyjcro
ladyjcro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down